I have been searching and searching for the perfect M&M cookies recipe and I think I have FINALLY got it down! If you love cookies and especially a yummy not too-sweet cookie you can take a big bite out of, then here is the recipe below:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (Half Splenda blend and half light brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (Half Splenda blend and half white sugar)
- 1 cup shortening (1 butter flavored Crisco stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups candy-coated milk chocolate pieces (M&Ms)
- Will also need: Parchment paper and cookie sheet
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly with beaters on low/medium. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well.
- Roll a ball of dough in your hands the size of a golf ball. Take ball of dough and smash into your palms until it is a pancake. Place dough balls on ungreased parchment paper and transfer to cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 9 to 11 minutes, to your liking.